Saturday, February 25, 2012

PRAKASH GHATGE'S LOVE AFFAIR WITH NATURE



Mumbai, 23 February, 2012: What can get you closer to God than the purest form of nature? Mr. Prakash Ghadge, this year again, has come to mesmerize us with his magnificent love affair with nature. The imminent display of art was done on 21st February, 2012 at the hub of art lovers, The Nehru Centre Art Gallery (A/C), Dr. Annie Besant Road, Worli and would be open to the eyes of art lovers till the 27th February, 2012 between 11.00 am to 7.00pm.

“My contribution is to appreciate and celebrate life as and when it happens. This exhibition is a big event of my life as I have put my soul in every single drawing, people who adore this art form will surely connect to the emotion that I have tried to convey”, said Mr. Ghadge on the occasion."

"This year the theme of the paintings is ‘Nature’. Right from the beginning nature has cast a spell over me this allows me to strike a conversation with myself & nature. Being one with nature is something crucial to my being. It reminds me to my existence in the universe & therefore my role, which tempts me to say something through my paintings. I look towards painting as a journey to the unknown with many destinations, meaning and many inferences both for me as the creator and my spectators. Water is omnipresent and has a very strong characteristic by its own. The Ghats have been the most sacred place on earth to Indians, added Mr. Ghadge. He further mentioned this year I have gained my inspiration from peace received when we take a dip at the ghats. Through my recent paintings I am trying to express my thoughts about the need for silence."

To capture the characteristic qualities of the subject, his chosen media consists of graphite pencils & drawing inks. Mr Ghadge exhibits an ambition to create a synthetic art that is addictive. His wonderfully detailed work inspires and encourages us all to take a closer look at the nature. Illuminated by natural light and rendered with loving detail, his paintings take on aura both inviting and mysterious.

About the Artist:
Besides participating in various groups through invitations and contributing his work in several exhibitions on invitation, Mr. Ghadge has been conducting his own exhibitions since 2001. This is his 7th solo exhibition in Mumbai. His recognition are the awards he has achieved.
2011 : “Colours of Life”, Organised by CPAA, Cymroza Gallery, Mumbai
2011 : "My Spirituality" organized by Chitraspandan, Kalabhavan, Thane
2011 : Colours changing hue-series II Camlin Art Collection Exhibition, Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
2010 : "The Spirit of a Butterfly" Art and Soul Gallery, Mumbai
2010 : "Monsoon" Group Show Exhibition, organized by Chitraspundan, Kalabhavan, Thane
2010 : "Art Fusion Show" 2010 Nehru Centre, Mumbai
2009 : "Art Fusion Show" 2009 Nehru Centre, Mumbai
2008 : "Art Fusion Show" 2008 Nehru Centre, Mumbai
2008 : "Chatak – 2008" Mansoon Show Nehru Centre, Mumbai
2007 : "Art fest 2007" by India Art Gallery, Pune.
2006 : The fourth Floor, Kitab Mahal by India a net, Mumbai
2006 : Gallery Leela, Leela Hotel, Mumbai.
2006 : Indian Oil (16th Indian Oil Art Exhibition), Mumbai
2005 : "Chatak – 2005" Monsoon Show, Nehru Centre, Mumbai
2005 : "Monsoon – 2005" Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
2005 : Sanskar Bharati, Nehru Centre, Mumbai
2004 : Indian Oil (15th Indian Oil Art Exhibition), Mumbai
2004 : "Monsoon 2004" Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
2004 : Green Strokes Art Gallery, Thane
2003 : "Monsoon 2003" Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
2003 : Art Access Week – VII, Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Mumbai.
2003 : Jewels of India, Concern India Foundation (CIF), Mumbai
2003 : "UTSAV 2003" Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai.
2002 : Enchant Gallery, Juhu, Mumbai.
2002 : Monsoon Show – "CHATAK – 2002" Nehru Centre, Mumbai.
2002 : "MEGHMALA" – 1, Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai
2002 : Art Access Week – VI, Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Mumbai.
1988 : Kala Mela, New Delhi
1988 : Artist's Centre Art Gallery, Mumbai

Mr. Ghadge did his G D from Sir JJ School of Art in 1977. He has worked in the art department of Indian Express. He was born in Satara district in Maharashtra in 1955.

No comments:

Post a Comment